Dumb Athletes Quotations
21 Quotes Found
Displaying 1 through 21
That's why I don't talk. Because I talk too much.
- Joaquin Andujar
There is one word in America that says it all, and that word is, 'You never know.'
- Joaquin Andujar
I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid.
- Terry Bradshaw
The game was closer than the score indicated.
- Dizzy Dean after a 1-0 game
He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.
- Lou Duva boxing trainer, on the training regimen of heavyweight Andrew Golota
I told [GM] Roland Hemond to go out and get me a big name pitcher. He said, 'Dave Wehrmeister's got 11 letters. Is that a big enough name for you?'
- Eddie Eichorn
Sometimes they write what I say and not what I mean.
- Pedro Guerrero on sportswriters
The only reason I don't like playing in the World Series is I can't watch myself play.
- Reggie Jackson
I'm not an athlete. I'm a professional baseball player.
- John Kruk
I lost it in the sun!
- Billy Loes after fumbling a grounder
As I remember it, the bases were loaded.
- Greg Maddox his reaction to hitting a grand slam
I don't care what the tape says. I didn't say it.
- Ray Malavasi a football coach
Always root for the winner. That way you won't be disappointed.
- Tug McGraw
Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious
- Alan Minter
I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father
- Greg Norman
Freakin' butt cheeks!
- Carlos Palermo
You guys line up alphabetically by height.
- Bill Peterson a Florida State football coach
I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first.
- George Rogers New Orleans Saints RB
I am the most loyal player money can buy.
- Don Sutton Pitcher for five different teams in his career
Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
- Joe Theismann
Ninety percent of the game is half mental.
- Jim Wohford